Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The Ultimate Book Tag

I was searching Pinterest for fun book tags and came across this one from Anjail from This Splendid Shambles. I thought it looked fun so I decided to do it too!

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes. Well I can read for about 10-15 minutes and then I get a headache and feel a bit queasy. If I'm driving by myself or with the boys I'll listen to an audiobook.

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Erin Morgenstern. Her writing is so whimsical and fantastical that sometimes it takes me a few times reading a sentence to understand what it means. 

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

  • I'll take magic and wizards over vampires and werewolves anyday. 
  • The love interest in Twilight was so "I can't live without you Edward." "Bella, I can't have you but I need you." It fit the phase that YA books where in at that time, but it's definitely not something that I would reach for now. 
  • Harry Potter has such a great focus for friendship and the fact of good over evil that it will withstand decades and readers of all ages.


4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Well the only book bag I carry is the one that I use as a diaper bag. LOL. But about 99% of the time I have my phone on me and I use the Libby Library app to read so I use that. Or sometimes I'll have my kindle with me and I'll read on that. 

5. Do you smell your books?
YES. I love the smell of books. It's kind of weird but since I buy most of my books secondhand they each have a different scent. 

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I don't really mind either. But I'm used to reading without illustrations. I really enjoy books with old photos in them, like Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight. Loved reading it in middle school, but I definitely wouldn't touch it now. 

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I don't remember a funny story particularly, but I know that when I was in elementary school I used to read Goosebumps and at night wake up with nightmares. My parents literally took all my Goosebumps books away, LOL now that I'm older I understand why they did it. But I always found a way to read them anyway ;)

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Stargirl. I found it at a thrift store for a dime. I read it when I was younger and absolutely loved it so I knew for a dime I had to have it again. 

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
IT by Stephen King, clocking in at a whopping 1156 pages.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I've tried writing before and just never got past a few pages. I think if I wrote anything it would probably be a short story. I don't have the ideas for a full length novel or the ability to describe the way that's needed for a book.

12. When did you get into reading?
I got into reading when I was young, I remember going to the library with my mom on the weekends, reading throughout elementary and middle school. After middle school, when I got into high school I stopped reading for enjoyment, I only read the required reading and hardly did I do that. So from 2009 to 2019 I didn't read novels. Then in April of 2019, I challenged myself to read a classic novel, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That brought me back into the world of reading and I'm so glad I challenged myself then. 

13. What is your favorite classic book?
Hmm. Since I've only read a handful of classics I don't feel comfortable choosing once since none of them were more than 3 stars for me. I think since I've gotten older I'm able to understand them more than before so I think this year, I'll be trying to read more classic novels. 

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Not really. Middle school yeah, but High school no. I routinely skipped class and was late handing in papers. I felt that at 15-18 I had so many better things to do than focus on school work. I still regret those decisions that kept me from school work. But I try to believe that if I did anything different, then I wouldn't be where I am now. 

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I think I would just say that I've read it before and laugh about it. Maybe donate it to a school, littlefreelibrary, or give it to someone who hasn't read it before. 

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
As I'm still a reading newbie since I went 10 years without reading, I don't really have an answer here. :(

17. What is a bad habit you always do while filming while blogging?
Hmm since I've just started blogging, I mean so far I've had the trouble of self-doubt that no one's ever going to read it and my posts aren't good enough. 

18. What is your favorite word?
It's funny, I wrote this question and the first word that popped into my head is allegory(n) a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one.

19. Are you a nerd or a geek?
I would more likely say geek. I'm not too book smart of certain subjects that a nerd would be. 

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies. I would much rather read about magical happenings than vampires. 

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. Cassandra Clare did this for me LOL

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. I love a good ghost story.

23. Zombies or Vampires?
Hmmm with this choice I choose Vampires. I don't like anything apocalyptic or end of the world kind of thing, literally gives me nightmares. 

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Love triangle. I would rather read about someone trying to decide between two people than the whole romance of the book saying they can't have them and then needing them at the same time. 

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Hmm since I enjoy both, it's a tough decision. If I'm reading a fantasy book then action-packed with a few scenes, but if I'm reading a contemporary then full on romance.


If you have a blog, I challenge you to do this tag! Let me know so I can read your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment