Monday, February 10, 2020

The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti


Zoe Whittaker is living a charmed life. She is the beautiful young wife to handsome, charming Wall Street tycoon Henry Whittaker. She is a member of Manhattan's social elite. She is on the board of on of the city's most prestigious philanthropic organizations. She has the perfect Tribeca penthouse in the city and a gorgeous lake house in the county. The finest wine, the most up-to-date fashion, and the most luxurious vacations are all at her fingertips. What no one knows is the five years ago, Zoe's life was in danger. Back then, Zoe wasn't Zoe at all. Now her secrets are coming back to haunt her. As the past and present collide, Zoe must decide who she can trust before she--whoever she is--vanished completely. 

It wasn't until about the last half of the books that I was finally interested. The whole beginning was just where Zoe was at now and how she got there. Nothing "thrilling" happened until the last half, and even then it wasn't until the last about 50 pages that things started to fall into place. I do have to say that while I was correct in guessing the "villian", I didn't guess why he was doing what he did, so it was interesting to find out. I highly recommend the audiobook. If I hadn't have listened to the first half through audio, I'm pretty sure I would have DNFed this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment